My Blog

This is the a blog of all things I find helpful in life.I will share tips,advice, and recipes. I will also share all the different ways I have found to make some extra money and save money.

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Ways to Boost Your Self Esteem

1. Go ahead - toot your own horn! Quash insecurities before they start by looking into the mirror first thing in the morning and saying aloud positive things such as: "I'm confident and ready for the new day." or "I'm smart, energetic and downright gorgeous."

2. Splurge on a new lipstick! Just a tiny tweak can help you love the way you look, leading to a big spike in self-esteem.

3. Hang out with optimists! Confidence is contagious! The more you mix with self-assured, positive people, the more confident you'll become. Also key: make a habit of complimenting others. Helping someone else feel more upbeat about herself will help you feel that way too.

4. Give yourself a single red rose! Roses aren't just beautiful, their sweet fragrance stimulates the part of the brain responsible for feeling joy, clearing the way for a surge in self-esteem and creativity.

5. Fake it, and you'll make it. Nobody feels sure of herself all the time. But psychologists say that simply acting as if you do - even when you're a little uncertain - will immediately boost your confidence.

No comments: